The North Main Community Association will be holding an informational neighborhood meeting on Wednesday evening, September 14, at 6pm at the Sears Shelter at McPherson Park. Our speaker will be Greenville Police Chief Ken Miller. As you know, police in many communities have been a frequent news topic and we feel there is a need to help address the understanding and mutual respect issues we are all reading about. This meeting will give our residents a chance to hear information on topics of interest, as well as ask questions of Chief Miller, Lt. Blair, Captain Thompson and CRT (Community Response Team) officers. The formal program should last approximately one hour. Possible topics include:
- Body Camera Policy and Practices, including proposed roll out date
- Disciplinary Policy and Practices, including how citizen protests are processed
- Use of Force Policy: Increasing Awareness & Understanding of the public
- Crime Statistics: Both city-wide and specific to North Main, as well as GPD initiatives
- Reverse 911 and how NMCA can be of assistance in database expansion
- Ride Along Program: This opportunity would be based on current environment and workload
- Requests for increased patrols. Contact info for our Community Resource Officer.
- Gang Resistance Program (GREAT/GRAVITY) – Initiative for summer school program schedule for implementation in 2017.
We look forward to seeing you there. With the ever present crime issues we seem to have in our neighborhood, a better knowledge of our police department will be helpful for all of us.