Save the Date! Spring 2023 NMCA Member Social
The NMCA Spring Social will take place Sunday, April 30, 2023, from 12-3 PM at D’al’s. We can’t wait to see you there and celebrate the great things happening in our community! Be sure to pay your dues before the social! You can pay via our website or send a check to PO Box 571, Greenville, SC, 29602. Dues are still only $20 per resident household and $30 for businesses. If you would like a decal as pictured below, drop us a note at our new email address, NorthMainCA@gmail.com If you’re interested in being a sponsor of the social at the $500 or $1,000 level, please contact our Vice President, Rhett Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) Thank you for your continued support!
(Paid advertisement by Curry PA)
Tree Giveaway at the Social April 30, 2023
There will be a tree giveaway at the Spring Social. Sunday, April 30, 2023, at D’al’s Pizza from 12-3 PM, we welcome anyone who is interested to come by and pick up a tree. You do not need to be a member or even attend the social to receive a tree.
Greenville’s Development Code is Changing!
The public notice for the Planning Commission’s public hearing for the development code has officially been posted. The meeting will be on Thursday, March 30 at 4 p.m. at City Hall.
Link to notice: https://greenvillesc.gov/
Review the proposed changes to Greenville’s development code. https://www.greenvillesc.gov/devcode Comment on the code by emailing email@example.com or calling/texting 864-232-CARE (2273).
The Greenville Police Department is now accepting applications for the Spring 2023 Citizens Academy. The 8-week academy starts on March 14 and sessions will be held on Tuesday nights from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the GPD training facility at 688 Mauldin Road. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 3 at 4 p.m.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the structure and day-to-day operations of the police department, gain a better understanding of how police services are provided in our community and become familiar with the policies, procedures, regulations, and laws that police must follow. It’s also a great opportunity to meet and get to know some of the men and women who serve our community and learn how you can partner with the police department to make your neighborhoods safer.
For more information about the Citizens Academy and to apply, visit https://greenvillesc.gov/1000/Citizens-Academy.
The 2023 Upstate SCNPS Spring Sale
The in-person plant sale is back, but with a hybrid twist. The General Sale will take place on Saturday, April 15, but MEMBERS & VOLUNTEERS will have the opportunity to purchase plants in advance (online-only), on Saturday and Sunday, April 8 & 9. More details here: https://scnps.org/the-2023-upstate-scnps-spring-sale-is-on General Sale: Saturday, April 15, 2023 Conestee Park, 840 Mauldin Road, Greenville, SC 29607. Gates Open 9:00 AM & Close 1:00 PM
Fifth Third Bank Grand Opening Event, Thursday, April 13
Fifth Third Bank will be having a grand opening event to commemorate the opening of the newest location, serving the Stone/North Main community. Grand opening events will take place on Thursday, April 13, and will include food trucks and a time for community engagement. This is an all-day event from 9 AM through the afternoon. All are welcome to join in the festivities! Fifth Third Bank is located at 225 E. Stone Ave. Greenville, SC 29609. You may contact Tim Bishop, branch manager, at 864-252-3263, or by email at Timothy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reopening of Daylily and Hosta Gardens April 14, 2023 — June 25, 2023 Hours: Fri. 12-6 | Sat. 9-4 | Sun. 12-6 Closed Mon – Thurs & Easter Sunday 2396 Roper Mountain Road, Simpsonville, SC 29681 Phone: 1.864.608,8114 Email: Cynthiagibson@charter.net www.daylilyandhostagardens.com
Greenville Humane Society Mutt Strutt, Saturday, April 29, 2023 @ 8:30 AM
Participants will enjoy a 2-mile walk/run through beautiful Downtown Greenville. Following immediately after, the Mutt Market festival and after pawty will take place on South Main Street! The streets will be lined with entertainment including live music, free pizza from Papa Johns, caricature artists, face painters and sponsor tents with plenty of awesome giveaways! Participants over the age of 6 will also receive a swag bag filled with goodies and a race t-shirt. More info here.
- The City of Greenville will enter Phase II of its Downtown Transportation Master Plan to look at the city’s traffic needs for the next 20 years. The goal is to develop “long-term solutions” to challenges from Greenville’s growth and its “increasing development density.” Link to the Plans Here
- First Fridays March 3 & April 7 – Navigate Greenville’s visual arts scene each month as galleries and venues are open to the public from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. the First Friday of each month. https://www.greenvillearts.com/first-fridays/
- Music in the Galleries | Sunday, Mar. 5, Sunday, Mar. 26 | Times vary | Greenville County Museum of Art, 420 College St., Greenville | Free | Browse art around the museum and listen to the Hey for Four band play with elements of old-time string band reels, Irish jigs, Ragtime, and waltzes.
- Downtown Alive Returns March 16 through August 31– Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive opens at 5:30 p.m. and closes at 8:30 p.m. Bands play two sets at 5:50 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. on the Carolina Foothills Credit Union Stage. Located at NOMA Square, 220 North Main Street. Admission is free!
- Main Street Fridays Return March 17 through September 29 – This weekly music series on Main Street at NOMA Square opens at 5:30 p.m. and closes at 9:30 p.m., with bands playing two sets at 5:50 p.m. and 7:40 p.m. NOMA Square chairs go fast, so bring a tailgating chair if you are not arriving early. Located at NOMA Square, 220 North Main Street. Admission is free!
- Downtown Dribble – Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM Special event during the SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament to engage the community. This will consist of a basketball dribble from NOMA Square to Bon Secours Wellness Arena Furman University Plaza for children 5-14 and their families. At NOMA Square/North Main block between Beattie & North, there will be check-in tables, stretching, and skills stations with COG Rec Department and DJ.
- iMAGINE Upstate STEAM Festival April 1, 2023, 11 AM – 5 PM – A Celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics in the Upstate. This festival takes place in Downtown Greenville more info: https://www.imaginesteamsc.org/upstate/
- World Piece Wednesday Night Trivia: World Piece (109 Weststone Avenue) will offer weekly Wednesday night trivia! They will have a themed trivia once a month, with every other week filled with standard pop culture, entertainment, and history questions.
- Trees Upstate Tree Giveaway Sat. April 22, 2023 9:00 – 11:00 AM: 2023 Energy Saving Trees presented by Duke Energy are here! Trees Upstate will give away 3,000 trees this spring across 9+ locations. Limit 2 per household. Preregister now or first come first serve. See Trees Upstate website for other locations and for more information. (treesupstate.org) Location: Flying Rabbit Adventures 821 Laurens Rd, Greenville, SC 29607
- Piedmont Plant & Flower Festival April 27 – 30 Thursday – Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm, Greenville State Farmers Market, 1354 Rutherford Road, Greenville, SC For more information, contact Lia Sanders at 864-244-4023 or email@example.com
Gardening and Plants
- Daylily and Hosta Gardens (864.297.9043)
- Plant & Tree Solutions (864.601.5115)
- Schneider Tree Care (864.244.3088)
- Arnold Law Firm (864.242.2427)
- Barrett-MacKenzie, LLC (864.232.6247)
- Carruthers Law Firm (864.467.0622)
- Curry, P.A. (864.855.5621)
- Fifth Third Bank (864.252.3263)
- Jason Elliott Law Firm (864.235.5308)
- Law Office of Christine Howard (864.282.8575)
- Nathalie Morgan, LLC (242.6655)
- The Carolina Law Group (864.312.4444)
- Dodson Dig Co. (864.626.3299)
- Gary Hester Interiors (864.232.4975)
- McDunn Woodworking Studio (864.242.0311)
- MarbleLife of the Carolinas (888.627.2530)
- Allen Tate Realtors (864.386.3180)
- Berkshire Hathaway | C. Dan Joyner (864.244.9111)
- Central Realty Holdings (864.250.9407)
- GreatUpstate Properties@Keller Williams Greenville Central (864.448.4169)
- Griffin Property Solutions, LLC (GPS) (877.477.1407)
- Keller Williams Upstate: Tara Pickens (864.901.9644)
- Lil Glenn Company, LLC (864.242.0088)
- Marchant Real Estate, Inc. (864.467.0085)
- Pam Childress: BHHS C. Dan Joyner (864.201.8832)
- Rhett Brown, Marchant Real Estate, Inc. (864.915.9393)
- Wilson Associates Real Estate (864.640.8700)
- Coffee Underground (864.298.0494)
- Ji-Roz Restaurant (864.373.9445)
- Northgate Soda Shop (864.235.6770)
- Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery (864.255.3385)
- The Community Tap (864.631.2525)
Personal Health/Well Being
- Arrive’e (864.275.2084)
- Children’s Museum of the Upstate (864) 233-7755
- Greenville Dental Studio (864. 520-2942)
- Fellowship Bible Church (864.255.9520)
- Gateway House, Inc. (864.242.9193)
- Integrative Health Partners (864.365.6156)
- Northside United Methodist Church (864.233.8359)
- Stone Plaza Pharmacy (864.233.7940)
- Darrohn Engineering, LLC (864.346.2170)
- Greenville Remodeling and Restoration (864.484.3007)
- Jordan Wholesale Lumber Co. (864.232.9686)
- JWK Design, LLC (864.214.5323)
- O’Leary Cole, Inc. (864.233.1606)
- Royal Engineering, Inc. (864.235-4425)
Miscellaneous Professional Services
- Deb Sofield (864.275.8877)
- North Main Neighbors (864.630.9931)
- Palmetto Plating Company (864.859.9314)
- Redhype (864.232.2000)
- Sunnie and DeWorken Group (864.905.5529)
The North Main Community Association does not give, sell, or otherwise distribute your email or other information to third parties.
The use of trade names or advertisements in this publication does not constitute endorsement or discrimination by the North Main Community Association.
One thought on “March/April 2023 Newsletter”
I just paid my $20 annual fee for the Newletter…where do I register?