We are incredibly grateful to our Spring Social Sponsors. Please consider supporting these local businesses and friends. Thanks again!
A Message from Our President, Steve Mills
The NMCA spring social was held on April 30, and we had over 100 members in attendance. The social
was a great time for members new and old to spend time together on a beautiful spring day. I want to
thank the NMCA board for their work in organizing the event and recognize their willingness to serve
our neighborhood. Rhett Brown, Carlie Boese, Becca Fowler, and Phyllis Gilreath spent many hours
making our social such a success. Past board members Julie Proctor and Kevin Parker even stepped back
in to assist us briefly with some of the signup and membership details!
D’Allesandro’s Pizza was a great host for our event, and they kept us well-fed and watered. Thanks to
John Petrich for his willingness to offer his establishment for the 3-hour event.
Drew Smith (urban forester) with the City of Greenville came out with 80 trees for a tree giveaway which
was well received. Approximately 60 trees were picked up by members to plant at home.
We had many sponsors, and their support was essential in helping to make the event a success.
Thanks again to all that attended, and if you did not, please consider the next time so we can continue
to engage as many people as possible that live within the North Main Community Association boundaries.
For Spring Social pics, click HERE!
Welcome, Watson Fowler Law!
We are excited to welcome Watson Fowler Attorneys at Law as business members and Spring Social sponsors. Watson Fowler offers clients over 60 combined years of outstanding criminal defense experience. They have the experience and know-how to navigate legal matters at all levels of court in South Carolina. Call Brann Fowler and Asher Watson at 864-467-0380.
Welcome, LMG Architects!
We are happy to welcome, LMG Architects as business members! LMG Architects is a small, local, family-oriented firm started in 2005. We focus on both commercial projects (restaurants, retail, offices, etc.) and single family homes. We excel at renovations and additions, bringing new life to buildings some may view as un-redeemable! We strive to be an accessible firm- approachable, client-focused, and not intimidating. Creating exceptional experiences for our clients is our top priority. http://www.lmg-architects.com/
Welcome, D’Allesandro’s Pizza!
Good Time And A Great Bite! D’al’s is a family-friendly neighborhood pizza shop. They have hand-tossed pizza and a wide selection of beer and wine. Check out their weekly specials online. D’al’s is located at 17 Mohawk Drive. If you attended the Spring Social, you know D’Allesandro’s pizza, salad, breadsticks, and ice cream are delicious. We’re excited to have D’al’s as a new business member! Call or order online today! 864-252-4700 www.dalspizzagvl.com
Greenville Jazz Fest – Saturday, JUNE 3, 2023 – 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Located in the heart of downtown Greenville along Main Street from Broad Street to Falls Park Drive, the Greenville Jazz Fest will feature music and food to inspire festival visitors to learn and love jazz music. This event is free admission, and no tickets are required for entrance. Food and beverage sales will be available for purchase with cash or credit card. More details at https://www.greenvillesc.gov/2114/Greenville-Jazz-Fest
Dogs Off Leash
So often we see dogs running loose in the neighborhood. We thought it might be good to share some useful information. Although when Animal Control is called and they pick up the dog, it will end up at Greenville County Animal Care, we are in the city and there is a different number to call. You can call 911 and dispatch will contact Animal Control, but why tie up the emergency line? Better to call directly to the City’s Animal Control at 864.271.5333 ext. 0. If you are in Greenville County, the number is 864.467.7595. Another good idea is to check Animal Care’s website where you can list the dog if you are able to secure it, text via their lost2found text app, or see if it’s been reported missing.
(Paid Advertisement from Fifth Third Bank)
Give Back this May with Fifth Third and Loaves & Fishes
Fifth Third Bank is partnering with Loaves & Fishes throughout the month of May to help collect donations in the efforts to help fight hunger in our community. They will have a drop-off box to collect canned goods at the front of their lobby all month, with weekly pickup to be delivered directly to Loaves & Fishes.
Fifth Third would love to have your support! Any donations you can provide would be greatly appreciated. In addition, they are also raising money to help support this cause as well through $1 card donations. Feel free to reach out to Tim Bishop (864-252-3263) with any questions you may have. They would greatly appreciate your support in helping feed our community!
City of Greenville Trash Tracker
Wanda the Waste Wizard would like to welcome you aboard, as the City of Greenville introduces a new way to access information about waste services! Available in the App Store and on Google Play, GVL Trash Tracker allows you to:
- Access trash and recycling info 24/7
- View your pickup schedule
- Set up collection alerts
- Learn what is recyclable and how to dispose of what is not
Using your computer? Enter your address through this link: https://www.greenvillesc.gov/275/Solid-Waste
Pickleball Players at Timmons Park Get Staging Area and Platform
Over the past year, pickleball players at Timmons Park have requested help in providing a solution to overcrowding on the courts as players wait their turn. City staff teamed up to provide a solution. A concrete deck has been installed off the middle of the courts for players to gather, and a section of the fencing leading to the deck has been removed, making it convenient for players to enter and exit the courts without interfering with ongoing games. In addition, staff will be adding a ramp onto the court, railings off the sides of the deck, and adding an anti-slip sealer to the surface.
Croftstone Park Getting New Playground Equipment!
Tucked away in the northernmost part of the City, located above Rutherford Road, Croftstone Park, a neighborhood pocket park that was built in 2010, services neighbors in the Wedgewood, Summit, and Broughton areas. As part of the City’s Neighborhood Park Program (NPP) initiative, City Staff identified Croftstone Park as one of the next playgrounds for replacement.
(Source for last 2 Items: John DeWorken’s District 1 Update – April 2023)
(Paid Advertisement from Curry PA)
- TD Farmer’s Market – Saturdays May through October from 8 AM – 12 noon at McBee Avenue – more info here: https://www.saturdaymarketlive.com/
- Greenville County Council Meeting – Tuesday, May 2, Tuesday, May 16, Tuesday, June 6 & Tuesday, June 20 – Location: Council Chambers, County Square. Monthly business meetings of Greenville County Council Meeting agendas can be found on the County’s website: www.greenvillecounty.org/Council/ County Council meets on the first and third Tuesday evenings of each month.
- Fireforge Crafted Beer is hosting its inaugural Polish Fest on Saturday, May 20 from 12-10 p.m. Enjoy pierogi and Polish-style beer, play biergarten games and live polka music from the Foothills Oompah Band from 1-4 p.m. and Wasted Wine from 5-7 p.m.
- Reedy River Duck Derby The Rotary Club of the Reedy River Greenville is gearing up for its 19th annual Reedy River Duck Derby to be held May 6, 2023, in Falls Park. With a goal of 14,000 ducks to race down the falls, community members can expect an exciting and free day at the park. The Derby will have live music, face painting, balloon twisting, yard games, and food trucks. At 2:30 p.m. sharp, we have our bugler call the race and watch all 14,000 ducks race down the falls. For those that adopt ducks, there’s a chance to win a million dollars, a first-place prize of a year of groceries from Publix, a second-place prize of $2,500 cash from the Rotary Club of the Reedy River Greenville, and many more prizes coming in.
- Artisphere – Friday, May 12 12-8 PM, Saturday, May 13 10 AM – 8 PM, Sunday, May 14 11 AM – 6 PM – link: https://artisphere.org/
- The 2023 Upstate Shakespeare Festival Opens May 25: May 25 — July 30, 2023
The 27th Annual Upstate Shakespeare Festival will feature The Merry Wives of Windsor from May 25th to June 18th, 2023. Macbeth will soon follow premiering on July 6th until July 30th, 2023. More details: https://warehousetheatre.com/shows/upstate-shakespeare-festival
Gardening and Plants
- Daylily and Hosta Gardens (864.297.9043)
- Plant & Tree Solutions (864.601.5115)
- Schneider Tree Care (864.244.3088)
- Arnold Law Firm (864.242.2427)
- Barrett-MacKenzie, LLC (864.232.6247)
- Carruthers Law Firm (864.467.0622)
- Curry, P.A. (864.855.5621)
- Fifth Third Bank (864.252.3263)
- Jason Elliott Law Firm (864.235.5308)
- Law Office of Christine Howard (864.282.8575)
- Nathalie Morgan, LLC (242.6655)
- The Carolina Law Group (864.312.4444)
- Watson Fowler Law (864.467.038)
- Dodson Dig Co. (864.626.3299)
- Gary Hester Interiors (864.232.4975)
- McDunn Woodworking Studio (864.242.0311)
- MarbleLife of the Carolinas (888.627.2530)
- Allen Tate Realtors (864.386.3180)
- Berkshire Hathaway | C. Dan Joyner (864.244.9111)
- Central Realty Holdings (864.250.9407)
- GreatUpstate Properties@Keller Williams Greenville Central (864.448.4169)
- Griffin Property Solutions, LLC (GPS) (877.477.1407)
- Keller Williams Upstate: Tara Pickens (864.901.9644)
- Lil Glenn Company, LLC (864.242.0088)
- Marchant Real Estate, Inc. (864.467.0085)
- Pam Childress: BHHS C. Dan Joyner (864.201.8832)
- Rhett Brown, Marchant Real Estate, Inc. (864.915.9393)
- Wilson Associates Real Estate (864.640.8700)
- Coffee Underground (864.298.0494)
- D’Allesandro’s Pizza (864.252.4700)
- Ji-Roz Restaurant (864.373.9445)
- Northgate Soda Shop (864.235.6770)
- Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery (864.255.3385)
- The Community Tap (864.631.2525)
Personal Health/Well Being
- Arrive’e (864.275.2084)
- Children’s Museum of the Upstate (864) 233-7755
- Greenville Dental Studio (864. 520-2942)
- Fellowship Bible Church (864.255.9520)
- Gateway House, Inc. (864.242.9193)
- Integrative Health Partners (864.365.6156)
- Northside United Methodist Church (864.233.8359)
- Stone Plaza Pharmacy (864.233.7940)
- Darrohn Engineering, LLC (864.346.2170)
- Greenville Remodeling and Restoration (864.484.3007)
- Jordan Wholesale Lumber Co. (864.232.9686)
- JWK Design, LLC (864.214.5323)
- LMG Architects (864.438.0561)
- O’Leary Cole, Inc. (864.233.1606)
- Royal Engineering, Inc. (864.235-4425)
Miscellaneous Professional Services
- Deb Sofield (864.275.8877)
- North Main Neighbors (864.630.9931)
- Palmetto Plating Company (864.859.9314)
- Redhype (864.232.2000)
- Sunnie and DeWorken Group (864.905.5529)
The North Main Community Association does not give, sell, or otherwise distribute your email or other information to third parties.
The use of trade names or advertisements in this publication does not constitute endorsement or discrimination by the North Main Community Association.