To assist with an increased demand for bulk waste services, the City will provide bulk waste collection containers in neighborhood locations beginning Monday, April 20. This service is intended for city residents only, and will be monitored. Contractor use is prohibited. Residents are asked to maintain social distance at all times and allow the person in front of them to finish before approaching a container. All items must fit inside the container.
Accepted items include: furniture, paint cans (filled with sand or litter to absorb liquid), dirt, rock, rubble, brick, block, concrete, wooden planks, boards, treated wood and yard waste (greater than six feet long or six inches in diameter).
The following items will not be accepted: household garbage, recyclables, hazardous building material, construction material and chemicals.
Public Works officials remind residents that regular curbside pickup of bulk waste continues, but as always, is limited to two items. Curbside yard waste collection also continues but is limited to items less than six feet long or six inches in diameter. Questions about collection services may be directed to Public Works at 467-4345.
Residents can find the closest container using the online interactive bulk waste drop-off map at https://grvlsc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/InteractiveLegend/index.html?appid=522a525fc3e74673841e81b52784c064.
For residents who have regular Monday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, April 20 to Sunday, April 26:
• Mulberry Street and Pete Hollis Boulevard
• West Greenville Community Center, 8 Rochester Street
• Juanita Butler Community Center, 2 Burns Street
• Pearl Avenue and Jones Street (near Greenville High Stadium)
• Grove Road and Hawthorne Lane
For residents who have regular Tuesday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, April 27 to Sunday, May 3:
• Bobby Pearse Community Center, 904 Townes Street
• Gallivan Street and North Main Street (across from #13)
• Summit Drive and Reid Street (in front of #633)
• Holmes Park, 315 Twin Lake Road
• David Hellams Community Center, 111 Spartanburg Street
For residents who have regular Wednesday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, May 4 to Sunday, May 10:
• Nichol Street (at the garden)
• Lowndes Hill Road (near Briarcliff Drive)
• Baywood Avenue (across from #6)
• Gower Park, 9 Evelyn Avenue
• 107 Scarlett Street
For residents who have regular Thursday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, May 11 to Sunday, May 17:
• Algonquin Trail (across from #14)
• Isbell Lane (beside #43 in parking lot)
• Country Club Drive (across from #25)
• Old Augusta Street and Prosperity Avenue (Pleasant Valley Center)
• Rockwood Drive (across from #288)